- December 13th (Fri) – 50% Off All Holiday Decorations
- December 14th (Sat) – Free ZOO Ornament with $20 Purchase
- December 15th (Sun) – All Toys 25% Off
- December 16th (Mon) – T-Shirts 25% Off (excludes Hump Daay T’s)
- December 17th (Tue) – All Plush 25% Off
- December 18th (Wed) – All Logo Clothing 25% Off (includes sweatshirts & jackets)
- December 19th (Thu) – All Jewelry 30% Off
- December 20th (Fri) – All Books 30% Off
- December 21st (Sat) – Animaland Buy One Get One Free OR 2014 ZOO ADMISSION TICKETS 1/2 Price! (Not valid on Fun Paks or Memberships)
- December 22nd (Sun)- Buy a $50 Gift Card and get a complimentary $10 Gift Card for You OR 2014 ZOO ADMISSION TICKETS 1/2 Price! (Not valid on Fun Paks or Memberships)
- December 23rd (Mon) – Glass/Mugs/Dishware 25% Off
- December 24th (Tue) – Fine Gifts 25% Off (includes glass suncatchers, lamps, figurines)
Many of our visitors have been asking how the animals do in this extreme heat. Actually, they handle the heat much better than humans! Just like with humans we have to keep a closer eye on baby & senior animals and make sure all the animals have plenty of water. The zoo is situated under some really tall oak trees and the shade has kept all of us very comfortable. We took this picture yesterday of the Muntjac deer reaching for some leaves. Muntjac deer, also called barking deer, are native to South East Asia are a very small species of deer (less than 2 ft tall and under 40lbs) and are the reported as the oldest deer species appearing 15 – 35 million years ago! Our little family of Muntjac deer are located right next to the zebra cafe and are one of the first animals you will see as you enter the zoo!
Since Mother’s Day is this weekend we wanted to say Happy Mother’s Day to our friends and family. We are amazed each day by our animal moms and surrogate moms here at the zoo. Tabitha is an amazing MOM to Tanzie….even when Tanzie does not leave her alone! Auntie Jingles is also a great mom to Tanzie. On Mother’s Day, our moms will get a special treat! We have a lot of new babies here at the zoo including monkeys, aoudads, goats, kangaroos, sheep and so many more to come too! We are asking for large cat boomer balls www.boomerballs.com for our lion cubs as a donation if anyone would like to make a donation to the animals! Thank You!
Many people possess happy memories of spending time at their local library as a child—skimming through colorful bookshelves, playing with library toys, and chatting with friendly librarians. [Read more...]
While the jury is still out as to the best way to help prevent endangered animals from going extinct, all are in agreement that something must be done. [Read more...]
Wild animals are a fascination not only to children, but to adults as well. [Read more...]
We thought it would be great to share a picture of our Bengal tigers, Kya and Taj at play. Kya and Taj are sisters and came to us as cubs from World Wildlife Zoo in Phoenix, AZ! As you can see they have adapted to our New England weather and enjoy playtime out in the snow. Like many animals, they love fresh snow and can be seen pouncing on each other during playtime!
From Thanksgiving until Valentine’s Day, thousands of nervous men bend down on one knee and pop the question. Once the question is popped, however, it’s usually the bride-to-be who is now the nervous one. Where does she begin planning? How much will this cost? What are the latest wedding trends? [Read more...]
In today’s society, there’s no escaping technology.