April 12 is coming up soon! We are all very busy preparing for our opening weekend and excited for our visitors. This has been a long cold winter and we are hoping it will be warm and sunny opening weekend. We have to reach warmer temperatures before we can move certain animals, such as the monkeys, outside.
Just a notice that certain locations in the zoo will not be operating on opening day:
- Parakeet Landing Gift Shop will not be open until April 19
- Parakeet Aviary may be closed weekdays (tba)
- The Mining Sluice will not be open until April 19. From April 19 – Mother’s Day it will only be operating on the weekends, EXCEPT for School Vacation week during which it will be open daily.
- Jungle Hut will not be open until Mother’s Day
- Show Stopper , Swirls & Scoops will not be open until Mother’s Day
- Photo Memories, Giraffe Encounters and Shows will be Opening in MAY
Something our visitors can look forward to is seeing our lions L.J. and Levanna in the larger habitat! They aren’t quite cubs anymore, and now they have much more room!