We want to see how creative our visitors are! Our Rhino Week is coming up in July, and we want the community to help spread the word about this endangered species!
Create and submit your original “Save the Rhinos” poster and we’ll pick the best entries to display in the EARTH Discovery Center for our zoo guests to see! We are going to pick the winners based on their originality and how well they reflect the theme of “Save the Rhinos”. This contest is open to both children and adults.
- K-3rd Grade
- 4th-6th Grade
- 7th-8th Grade
- Submissions do not need to contain the phrase “Save the Rhinos”, but they must reflect this theme.
- Posters must be an original work made by an individual, no group submissions please.
- No copyrighted images, clip-art, etc.
- You can use assorted materials and media, but please no 3 dimensional objects. All submissions must be flat and 2 dimensional. NOTE: if using chalk, pastels, or similar please use a fixative spray to prevent smearing. Please DO NOT use glitter.
- Submissions must include completed entry form. Print out the form, fill out each section, and attach it to the back of your poster.
- Poster Size Requirements Minimum Size: 8 1/2” x 11” Maximum Size:24” x 36”
- Posters will be judged on originality, creativity, and effectiveness.
Submitting your Entry
Deadline: August 1, 2014
Click HERE for the contest entry form.
You can mail your completed poster with attached entry form to:
Rhino Poster Contest
2 Southwick St
Mendon, MA 01756
They may also be dropped off at the zoo.
A winner will be selected from each category. Each winner will receive a gift bag containing 2 general admission passes to Southwick’s Zoo, and their poster will be on display in the EARTH Discovery Building. We will also select runners up from each category and their posters will also be displayed in the zoo.