For your safety and the welfare of the animals at the Zoo, please obey all posted signs and guidelines throughout the Zoo’s property.
- Pets of any kind are prohibited from the Zoo area for reasons of animals health and safety.
- Please treat the Zoo’s animals with the respect they deserve. Remember, the Zoo is their home. Animals act naturally and are easier to see in a calm environment.
- In the Deer Forest, wait for the deer to come to you. Never chase or yell. Animals like quiet time.
- Do Not Throw Objects anywhere in the Zoo except in the trash containers. Foreign objects like coins, rocks, straws, or any plastics can (and have) injured and even killed animals in Zoo.
- Animals’ diets include specific foods. Any food not part of that diet may be harmful. It is Illegal according to the USDA to bring food for the animals into the Zoo. Feeding of the animals is allowed in the Petting Zoo and Deer Forest with food that is provided by the Zoo.
- Wash your hands after touching animals at the Zoo, especially before eating. Stay on the walkways.
- Never cross any fence or barrier within the Zoo. All animals can bite.
- Keep your shirt and shoes on while walking around the Zoo!
- Children must be supervised at all times while in all areas of the Zoo, including play areas, rides, and the Zoo’s Gift Shop.
- The Zoo location is on a hill. For your safety, please do not run.
- Watch for runaway strollers and wagons.
Adults are responsible for the safety of their children while at the Zoo.
The Zoo’s First Aid Office is located at the entrance. It is open every day for any of your first aid needs.
Rest rooms are located throughout the Zoo and can be found near Clarice’s Cupboard, The Zebra Cafe, and the playground. A drinking fountain is located near the playground.
Please turn in or check for Lost and Found Items and the Main Entrance of the Zoo.
Baby Changing Tables are located in the Zoo’s restrooms at the Zebra Cafe and the Giraffe Area.
The Zoo Staff will remove anyone who violates Zoo Guidelines. We Reserve the right to inspect anything that is brought into the Zoo.