We are closed for the season.
Thank you to everyone who visited the zoo this year! We will re-open in April 2015.
Reserve your 2015 Group Trip to Southwick’s Zoo Today!
Book your field trip BEFORE March 15th and pay last year’s rates ($9.75/person) *
*Offer cannot be applied to weekends
Call 800-258-9182 x 501
Southwick’s Zoo is the perfect place for students to see and learn about the many animals we share a planet with. Group rates are offered to schools, day-cares, summer programs, scouts, associations, and non-profits. The minimum to qualify for a group is 20 people (ages 3+)*.
Note: Click HERE if you are looking for the ZooMobile Program in which an EARTH educator and 7-8 animals travel to your school, library, etc.
Making your Reservation
2015 Group Rates
Weekdays (Mon-Fri no holidays) $10.50/person
Weekends (Sat & Sun no holidays) $13.00/person
Call: 800-258-9182 ext 501 to book your group/field trip
Group rates are not available at the entrance without a scheduled reservation.
- The minimum to qualify for the group rate is 20 people (ages 3+).*
- Group Trips must be booked two weeks in advance through our group sales department. Please have a date, arrival time, departure time, mailing address, phone number, email address, and how many people expected.
- We offer discounts on the Woodland Express Train ride when booking a group.
- We offer group lunch options, but bagged lunches (please no glassware) are welcome.
- If you would like to request a complimentary educational presentation to coincide with your curriculum, please inquire when booking your trip with group sales.
Preparing for your group visit/field trip
- Please read and discuss our safety rules before you arrive. All visitors are expected to treat the zoo and animals with respect.
- We recommend 1 chaperone for every 10 students. For the safety of our animals and guests, we require 1 adult chaperone per 5 children to enter the deer forest and petting zoo. These areas are entered at your own risk and we ask that you obey all posted guidelines.
- High School Students must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (non student) and remain with the chaperone throughout the zoo visit.
- Plan out your trip using our map. It typically takes about 3 hours to see the entire zoo.
The Day of Your Visit
- Buses park in the field parking lot in the designated bus area. A parking attendant will assist on most days.
- All members of your trip must arrive together, enter together, and one person in charge to make payment for the entire group. Cash or Credit Card is preferred but we will accept bank or corporate checks.
- Students ARE NOT allowed to bring backpacks and bags into the zoo, ONLY chaperones may have backpacks (1 per adult).
- Chaperones will be hand stamped so they can exit and re-enter the zoo to get lunches from the bus.
- Chaperones must be present and able to enforce zoo rules and have command of their group.
- First Aid supplies can be found at the main entrance and all concession buildings for your use.
- Thank you in advance for your cooperation, we hope your group has a great day at the zoo!
*Don’t qualify for group rate because you do not meet the minimum of 20 people OR you are a large family or a group of friends that want to visit together? Don’t worry, you can purchase Family Fun Paks at the main entrance for a great discount on admission for groups of under 20 people!