The first date is always the most nerve wracking of all dates because it is your chance to make a stunning impression on your date. Not only that, but on a first date you must keep a balance of being yourself but impressing the other person. With these things in mind, it is essential that the first date be a memorable one. Otherwise your first date will not turn into a second one (unfortunately).
The location of your first date is important. With the first date, you want to illustrate your personality while also allowing the other person to enjoy themselves. While you want to treat the other person but the first date shouldn’t make you go broke. The following article from Online Dating University gives some great ideas for a first date.
10 Great First Date Ideas
Putting together plans for your first date is very important. Not only does it mean making a great first impression but also let’s your date know you have a creative side that will put them at ease on your date. You don’t want to appear careless or unorganized do you? Then plan a head and put a great date together. Here are 10 examples that will help you make the first date one of many more to come.
- Take a craft class. While not everyone is crafty you can always make the attempt and it can be fun if you can both laugh at each other.
- Are both of you physically fit? Take a yoga class.
- Do you both love sports? How about a round of basketball or a few games at the bowling alley?
- Looking for an easy place to have a good conversation? Check out the botanical gardens that are local to you.
- Do you both share a passion for animals? Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
- Go to the zoo. Not only is the zoo a fun date but it also opens up the conversations such as telling a story from when you were a child and visited the zoo or how you love the polar bears. There are also places to grab a bite to eat at the zoo.
- Visit a carnival or local amusement park. These places can be fun but make sure your date likes to ride the rides before you plan for this one.
- Check out a museum. If you are into art try the art museum. More of a science lover? Try the hands on science center.
- What time of the year is it? If it’s spring time a nice stroll through the park with a picnic lunch will be great.
- Summer time is great for a trip to the beach also with a picnic lunch. Fall is great for heading to the apple orchard to pick apples. Winter is a fun time for building a snowman, sledding or sitting by a warm fire.
- Go putt-putt golfing. Everyone loves a good round of putt-putt. Many times you can find places that offer trampolines, go carts and batting cages to make it a fun date to remember.
The best way to plan a great first date that will not only be fun but also enjoyable to both you and your date is to spend a little time on the phone talking about each other’s interests. If you want to plan a first date that involved riding carnival rides bring it up and see if your date enjoys rides just as much as you do. If not it’s time to plan another date.
If you plan an outdoor date make sure you have a back-up plan just in case it rains or the weather just isn’t right. This way not only will be you prepared your date will be impressed that you planned ahead. Remember a good first date lays the foundation for more dates to come.
The biggest piece of first date advice to take away from this article is to always have a backup plan, just in case your original first date plan falls through. This is especially important if your first date is an outside activity.
The article mentions that a trip to the zoo makes a wonderful first date location. Southwick’s Zoo welcomes all lovers on a first date or a hundredth date to make lifelong memories. Please give us a call with any questions that you may have in planning your first date trip to the zoo.