Southwick’s Zoo is an equal opportunity employer and hires mostly on a seasonal basis (April – October). Southwick’s Zoo is committed to exceptional customer service. Applicants should be affable, energetic & motivated to join the Southwick’s ZOO CREW and enjoy working with the public.
The hiring process will begin in March. Applications for review may or may not get a call for interview. Please be specific on which position you are applying. Those who choose a specific position from the employment list below on their application will get first review for employment.
In accordance with Massachusetts child labor laws, please no applicants under 16 years of age.
If you are interested in internships at Southwick’s Zoo, click HERE.
- Food & Beverage (Concessions)
- Retail Sales (All gift shops, train station, parakeet landing, mining sluice, etc)
- Kiddie Rides (must be at least 18 years of age to apply and good with children)
- Train Ride Operator (preferable experience with driving, tractors, mechanics)
- Pony Ride / Petting Zoo Attendant ( Must have experience with horses /goats & be at least 18 yrs)
- SkyFari Ride Operator -(preferable experience with hydraulics, mechanics)
- SkyFari Ride Attendant – (must be at least 18 years of age)
- Parking Attendants (Group Bus Parking / Visitor Parking – Must be at least 18 years of age and have high energy and a positive attitude.)
- Custodial Positions-(Multiple Shifts – early mornings to late afternoons)
- Landscaping / Horticulture
To inquire about Animal Care Employment Opportunities at Southwick’s Zoo, please call 800-258-9182 ext. 500 or click here to download a printable PDF application that you can mail to us, along with your resume, to:
Attn: Animal Care
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756