Southwick’s Zoo is an equal opportunity employer and hires mostly on a seasonal basis (April – October). Southwick’s Zoo is committed to exceptional customer service. Applicants should be affable, energetic & motivated to join the Southwick’s Zoo CREW and enjoy working with the public. The hiring process will begin in March. Applications for review may or may not get a call for interview. Please be specific on which position you are applying. Those who choose a specific position from the employment list below on their application will get first review for employment. In accordance with Massachusetts child labor laws, please no applicants under 16 years of age.
- Food & Beverage (Concessions)
- Retail Sales (All gift shops, train station, parakeet landing, mining sluice, etc)
- Kiddie Rides (must be at least 18 years of age to apply and good with children)
- Train Ride Operator (preferable experience with driving, tractors, mechanics)
- SkyFari Ride Operator -(preferable experience with hydraulics, mechanics, and able to document daily protocols)
- SkyFari Ride Attendant – (must be at least 18 years of age)
- Parking Attendants(Group Bus Parking / Visitor Parking – Must be at least 18 years of age and have high energy and a positive attitude.
- Custodial Position
- Landscaping / Horticulture
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS (3/8/13)
• SkyFari Ride Primary Operator. Applicants must have experience with hydraulics, mechanics, and working with the public. He/She must have the ability to work quickly and safely with others in a supervisory capacity. When applying online select “RIDES” under the department selection.
• Custodial. Experience in the custodial field is a plus. Custodial positions include restroom cleaning, supply stocking, grounds cleaning, trash removal, etc. When applying online select “CUSTODIAL” under the department selection.
• Food Service Supervisors. Applicants must have experience in the food service industry (a serve safe certificate is a plus) in a supervisory capacity. This is a fast paced and demanding environment. When applying online select “FOOD SERVICE” under the department selection.
• Retail Supervisors. Applicants should be comfortable working with teenagers and have experience in the retail industry in a supervisory/managerial role. He/She must be motivated, independent and model exceptional customer service while overseeing individual retail locations. When applying online select “RETAIL” under the department selection.
• Ride Attendants. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, are safety conscious and enjoy working with the public, children especially. This position requires a positive and upbeat demeanor while providing a safe and respectful environment for the children. When applying online select “RIDES” under the department selection.
To inquire about Animal Care Employment Opportunities at Southwick’s Zoo, please call 800-258-9182 ext. 500 or click here to download a printable PDF application that you can mail to us, along with your resume to:
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756
Click here to learn more about Earth Ltd. Internships.
Click here to learn and apply for the Earth Ltd. Docent/Volunteer Program.