Southwick’s Zoo is an equal opportunity employer and hires mostly on a seasonal basis (April – October). Southwick’s Zoo is committed to exceptional customer service. Applicants should be affable, energetic & motivated to join the Southwick’s Zoo Crew and enjoy working with the public.
All positions require working weekends and holidays. Seasonal positions are not full time. Schedules vary weekly and we cannot guarantee set hours and days.
The hiring process will begin in March. Applications for review may or may not get a call for interview. Please be specific on which position you are applying. Those who choose a specific position from the employment list below on their application will get first review for employment.
In accordance with Massachusetts child labor laws, please no applicants under 16 years of age.
If you are interested in internships at Southwick’s Zoo, click HERE.
Available Positions include:
- Food & Beverage (Concessions)
- Retail Sales (All gift shops, train station, parakeet landing, mining sluice, etc)
- Kiddie Ride Ticket Sales CORI Mandatory
- Kiddie Ride Operator (must be at least 18 years of age to apply and good with children) CORI Mandatory
- Train Ride Operator (preferable experience with driving, tractors, mechanics) CORI Mandatory
- Pony Rides (Must be at least 18 yrs of age with horse/pony experience) CORI Mandatory
- Petting Zoo Attendant ( Must have experience with hoofstock & be at least 18 yrs)
- Parakeet Aviary Attendant (Must be at least 18yrs of age & bird experience preferred)
- SkyFari Ride Operator -(preferable experience with hydraulics, mechanics) CORI Mandatory
- SkyFari Ride Attendant – (must be at least 18 years of age) CORI Mandatory
- Skyfari Booth (Ticket Sales)
- Parking Attendants (Group Bus Parking / Visitor Parking – Must have high energy and a positive attitude.)
- Custodial Positions-(Multiple Shifts – early mornings to late afternoons)
- Landscaping / Horticulture
Animal Care Positions
To inquire about Animal Care Employment Opportunities at Southwick’s Zoo, please call 800-258-9182 ext. 209 or mail your cover letter (addressed to Betsey Brewer), resume, and two professional references to:
Attn: Animal Care
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756