Here is a list of updates for the next few weeks:
- Swirls & Scoops and Show Stopper will be closed Monday-Friday
- Jungle Hut and Giraffe Kiosk will be closed Monday-Friday
- Parakeet Landing and it’s gift shop will be open 11am-4pm
- The mining sluice and pony rides will be closed Monday-Friday
- The Bird Talk photo booth will be closed Monday-Friday
- The visiting elephants are leaving after Labor Day Weekend, so no elephant rides for the rest of the season
- After September 8th kiddie rides, the skyfari, and train will be open from 11am-4pm
- We may or may not have camel rides, this is TBD
- Presentations at the EARTH Discovery Center will begin their Fall schedule. During the week show times will be posted outside of the Discovery Center. You can also call ahead at: 1-800-258-9182 ext 208 to find out about that day’s show times.
A few things may close or operate on a different schedule, but Autumn is one our favorite times of year here at the zoo! The weather is cooler so certain animals are more active, and it tends to be a little more quiet here September – October. It’s also a wonderful place to enjoy the beautiful New England fall foliage. We also have some pretty fantastic events coming up!
- Sunday, September 7th is Massachusetts Day
Massachusetts residents are eligible for Buy One Get One Free general admission tickets. This offer is only available here at the zoo, and not online. Valid ID is required.
- Sunday, September 14th is Rhode Island & Connecticut Day
Rhode Island and Connecticut residents are eligible for Buy One Get One Free general admission tickets. This offer is only available here at the zoo, and not online. Valid ID is required.
- Friday. September 19th is the 9th Annual EARTH Bash 4pm-10pm
This is EARTH Ltd’s annual fundraiser hosted at Southwick’s Zoo. Tickets are on sale now and include: jeep tours of the zoo, an open bar, food (there’s going to be some pretty impressive things to try this year!), live and silent auctions, and live music! Note: this event is 21+ only.
- Sunday, September 21st is New Hampshire, Vermont, & Maine Day
New Hampshire, Vermont, & Maine residents are eligible for Buy One Get One Free general admission tickets. This offer is only available here at the zoo, and not online. Valid ID is required.
- October 20-26 are ZooBoo Days
This is an entire week of Halloween fun! Kids 3-12 wearing costumes get free admission this week and can trick or treat in the zoo! Certain animals receive pumpkins and corn stalks. Check back in October for a list of animal and pumpkin days.